1. We schedule appointments via telephone, email and our online booking service. We suggest allowing for several weeks to get an appointment. Do not see a time available that fits… give us a call!
2. We will hold a requested appointment time for 24 hours without a confirmation. However, if we do not hear back confirming you do indeed want that date, time, and location, the appointment will be given away if some one calls and asks for that day and time.
3. All appointments require that a location be specified at the time of the appointment to allow us to schedule travel time between appointments.
4. We have a 48 hour cancellation policy, and a credit card on file is required to book an appointment. Cancellations made less than 48 hours will be offered a one time reschedule or a forfeiture of the session fee. All “no-shows” will be charged the fee for their session.
1. All payments are due at the time of the shoot. We currently accept Cash or Check, and Credit Cards, (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover). Orders for additional images will not be processed until payment has been received.
2. There will be a $25.00 charge for all returned checks.
3. Items will not be shipped until payment has cleared. We strongly suggest Priority Mail shipping, (required for prints), and are not responsible for any missing or damaged items shipped via First Class Mail. DVDs or USB drives that require replacement will incur a $15.00 charge along with any applicable shipping charges.
Your proofing gallery will be active for 15 days from initial day you are given access. A reminder will be sent shortly before the 15 day expiration. Please contact us should you need to extend your gallery. We offer a one time 7 day extension if needed. After that period, proofing galleries will be taken offline and images will be archived in an offsite safe. All image requests made once taken offsite, will incur a flat 75.00 retrieval fee. The proofing galley will then be restored, and online for another 15 days. Further extensions will incur retrieval fees.
At Capture A Moment Photography, we strive to capture you in the most flattering light and in a way that makes us all happy. While we are more then willing to do a small amount of editing to help correct blaring issues that cannot be helped such as acne or a scratch (because that ALWAYS happens before a shoot), we are unable to offer further creative photoshopping within our session fee (beyond what we have already done prior to delivery). If you have images that you would like to have photoshopped in a more creative manner or more extensive editing required (if it is possible) to improve your appearance or add a more artistic look, there will be a per image fee to be paid prior to the edits being completed. We send invoices/quotes for these charges and they are payable via Credit Card, Check or Cash. We believe that the best images are those captured naturally and our fees do not include the time it takes to go beyond a minimal amount of necessary editing.
We travel all over Macomb, Oakland, Wayne and Southern St. Clair Counties. We will meet up with you at a park, your home, or just about any venue for your session or event. Clients ask us all the time for location suggestions, so here are some of our favorite spots (travel fee applies to any location over 25 miles from 48047).
- Algonac State Park, Clay (Park entrance fee may apply)
- George George Park, Clinton Township
- Clinton River Park North, Sterling Heights
- Mt. Clemens Train Depot, Mt. Clemens
- Secret Spot #1 – Red Barn, Clinton Township
- Secret Spot #2 – River Access, Clinton Township
- Wolcott Mill, Ray Township
- Metro Beach, Harrison Township (Park entrance fee may apply)
- Van Hoosen Farms, Rochester Hills (Permit fee applies)
- Yates Cider Mill, Rochester (No weekend sessions in October please)
- Belle Isle, Detroit (Permit fee required for Conservatory use)
- Heritage Gardens/Mae Stecker, Shelby Township
- Waldenburg Park, Macomb Township
- Downtown/Riverwalk, Mt. Clemens
- Rochester Municipal Park, Rochester
- Rochester Library, Rochester
- Bloomer Park, Rochester (Park entrance fee may apply)
- Downton Detroit/Dequindre Cut, Detroit
- Downtown New Baltimore & Waterfront
- Downtown Marine City
- Riverbends Park, Shelby Township
- Eastern Market
Those are just a few of the most popular locations. If you have a favorite, please let us know. As always, we are open to all suggestions!
What if my session is scheduled outside and its raining?
We do not want to be out in messy Michigan weather any more than you do! If we encounter inclement weather, we will either offer to move your session to our studio, or reschedule your session and hope for better weather next time.
How long does it take before I can see my photos?
During peak times, we may be taking 2-3 weeks to edit and deliver galleries. We do the best we can to get them to you sooner, but make no promises prior to 3 weeks unless arrangements have been made at the time of your appointment.
Can I request a re-shoot?
If there is some technical failure that would require a re-shoot, be assured that we would be the first ones to offer that option when we deliver your gallery. Should you not “like” your images due to no technical fault on our behalf, you may request a re-shoot. Re-shoots requested by the client are will be offered at a 25% discount off the regular session fee, and all original images from the prior session will be forfeited. Said re-shoots will require pre-payment. Re-shoots for anything other than technical failure will not take place outside of our 25 mile regular service area.
Will my images be shared?
All images are property of Capture a Moment Photography, LLC and may be added to our website, used in advertising or printed for hanging in our studio. Should you not wish to have your images posted, please discuss that with us at the time of your session.